Spectacular Monmouth County Location
The Edge at Freehold places its residents in the center of this vibrant Monmouth County area. Explore the map above or download our concierges’ curated list of nearby points of interest.
Just outside your door, you will find;
- Shopping: Located just 3.5 miles from The Edge at Freehold, The Freehold Raceway Mall is anchored by Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Sears and JC Penny. Also among the offerings at this high-end shopping destination are L.L. Bean, Abercrombie & Fitch, H&M and Sur La Table. If you’re shopping for bargains, head to Jackson Premium Outlets. Less than 10 miles from the property, you’ll find outlets from top brands, including Brooks Brothers, Calvin Klein, Coach New York, J. Crew and more. When you’re ready for a more quaint experience, peruse the shops and cafes of downtown Freehold, just a short drive from The Edge at Freehold. For the more routine type of shopping, you’ll find an Acme Market just across the street. Wegman’s, Stop & Shop and Shop Rite are also among other nearby conveniences.
- Dining: From American fare to Mediterranean, Italian, Asian, seafood and beyond, the local area has cuisine to fit every taste. Nearby downtown Freehold is dotted with cafes, bars and restaurants. For an even more eclectic experience, head to nearby Asbury Park, the up-and-coming Jersey shore city that is rapidly becoming known as a foodie’s paradise. You also won’t want to miss Jersey shore classics like The Windmill, just up the street from The Edge at Freehold, and Cuzin’s Seafood Clam Bar. The area’s malls and shopping centers offer a variety of known favorites like P.F. Chang’s, Playa Bowl, Qdoba, The Cheesecake Factory and more. Whatever you’re craving at any given moment, you’ll find it nearby.
- Music: Freehold is the home of Bruce Springsteen and this part of the Jersey Shore is known for hosting some of the largest concerts and events in the region. From the nearby PNC Bank Arts Center to Asbury Park’s Stone Pony and Boardwalk Hall, everyone from the biggest acts in music to up-and-coming artists have come through and left their mark. The musical calendar picks up considerably in the summer when outdoor venues announce their schedules and major festivals come to the Jersey shore’s boardwalk.
- Entertainment: Just up the street from The Edge at Freehold, you’ll find iPlay America, one of the most unique entertainment venues in the country. This indoor family entertainment and events center hosts concerts, comedians and other events and also features year-round fun for all ages with a variety of activities, rides and more. In neighboring Jackson, you’ll find Six Flags Great Adventure, a spectacular amusement park, and home to exciting rides as well as a water park and one-of-a-kind safari that puts you up close and personal with more than 1,200 animals hailing from six different continents. More traditional entertainment options also persist throughout the area, including AMC Freehold, a 14-screen movie theater.
- Recreation: For outdoor activities, there’s nothing like the Jersey Shore. Some of the state’s most beautiful beaches and shore communities are just a short drive from the Edge at Freehold. Whether you prefer the eclectic boardwalk experience of Asbury Park or Point Pleasant or the more tranquil beaches of Spring Lake or Sea Girt, The Edge at Freehold places you at the gateway to the Jersey Shore. Just inland, you’ll find that the area is dotted with state, county and local parks. The historic Monmouth Battlefield State Park, site of one of the Revolutionary War’s biggest battles, offers miles of hiking trails, picnic areas and a restored Revolutionary War farmhouse. Additionally, the Monmouth County Parks System has preserved 481 acres as the Manasquan River Greenway, providing access to fishing, boating and other activities.
Indoors or out, and in every season, you’ll find a variety of shopping, dining, entertainment and recreational options just outside your residence. To learn more about the area, visit our leasing office or contact us today to schedule a tour of the property.